Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I DID IT!

Yes, I went to the gym around 7:45 last night after the kids where in bed.  It was a struggle at first because I was sitting on the couch with the kids waiting for their bedtime and I was getting extremely sleepy and I kept going over and over in my head about skipping tonight and kept trying to come up with a great excuse that supposedly would make me feel better about myself for skipping!  Well, I couldn't come up with any!  When I came home from work I changed directly into my workout clothes because I know if I didn't then I wouldn't have gone at all.  I put the kids to bed about 7:25 and then convinced myself that once I get there I will get all the motivation I need and low and behold it's true.  I walked into the gym and at first was afraid that maybe my badge would work since it's been awhile and once it did I perked up and got my workout in and it felt great. 

I did my legs yesterday and I started off with the machines first and then after about two weeks I'll move back to the free weights and such.  Then I did 40 mins on the elliptical and that was rough but felt awesome.  While I was doing my leg lifts I started to get worried that my knee pain is going to come back.  The pain has went away (except for some occasional) and I cannot sit with my right leg tucked under me without pain so I cannot bend it completely.  Oh, something my son said the other day when I was doing one of the T25 focus video's that made me realize how much your little ones really do pay attention and watch everything you do, anyways, Joey said "Mom, you can get up and down with out making noise or going slow, your knees are better now." Love that kids to death! 

Today for breakfast I made a banana, granola & chocolate shakeology and then for lunch I steamed a container of mixed veggies and then had a small container of veggie soup.  I was stuffed and I am paying for the soup because I am so thirsty and I can feel the water retention from my wedding rings (all the salt in the soup).  Tonight I'm going to make Spaghetti squash with butter & garlic and mixed veggies.  I will not be able to go to the gym tonight because my hubby has darts tonight (oddly enough the bar is two doors down from my gym, lol), so I will be watching a movie on Netflix off of my IPad and walking for no less then 45 mins.  I'm going to attempt this after dinner when the kids are still up so this will be interesting.  I then have to give them baths at which I'm going to clean the upstairs bathroom while they are playing in the bubbles.  I hope this all works out as planned.  I want to get some from of exercise in & I want to start straightening up my house so it looks nice again and start repairs that have been neglected even if I have to do it myself in order to get it done. 

Well I gotta run, so until next time....................


Just saying.....


No comments:

Post a Comment