Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Changes are in the air

OK, just wanted to pop in and give everyone an update and to let you all know that yes I am still focused on my weight loss and on my no smoking.  Today marks 43 days smoke free and I feel so much better.  I can tell the difference in my sleep because I am not awake coughing or snoring, my night cough is gone and my snoring is getting better with the more weight I lose.  I do still cough occasionally but no longer cough nasty stuff up out of my lungs.  It is very rare but when I cough it is just a little dry cough. I have noticed a difference with my ability to walk/ride/run.  All and all it just feels awesome and I am going to try very hard to NEVER light up again.




So as for the weight loss I am still going to the gym at night and now that the kids T-Ball is over I can go every night during the week.  I cannot wait till my DH is finished with lawn cutting season so I can start going at a little more decent hour (8 pm instead of 9 pm).  I have been doing 45-50 minutes on the treadmill which I walk the first five minutes at 3.5 mph and then I rotate every three minutes I run for 4.8 mph and then walk for two minutes at 3.5 and so forth until I reach 48 minutes which I then walk at 4.0 mph for two minutes and then go down in speed until I've reached the 45-50 minute mark.  I like this way because it makes the time go quicker by breaking things up and it gets my heart rate going.  I also heard somewhere it's what to do to burn fat is to do intervals.  Yesterdays cardio was a tad bit rough though. As far as strength training:  Monday and Wednesday's are leg and ab days and Tuesday and Thursday are upper body days.  I haven't been able to do a Friday yet because of my softball games, but now that they are over I am going to try to get to the gym and I may just use those days for extra Cardio and abs.  You can never have to much cardio, correct?!?!


The weekend again brought pain stepping on the scale.  I truly, truly have to work on getting my weekends straightened out and this weekend we have no major plans except yard work and getting the house ready to sell so I can work on sticking to my diet (I hope).  I am not going to drink (beer) this weekend, well at least I'm going to try not too.  I got on the scale Monday morning and it read 270.0 and I am happy to report that this morning it said 263.5 , yes I know that is 6.5 lbs in 3 days, and most of it is probably water from the beer and such and YES I know I'm not suppose to weigh myself every day but I cannot help it and I get on it every morning (except the days I know it's going to be very, very bad).  I only record my weight though once a week and today is the day so I am happy it is down.  The reason though that I am upset with myself is because think about it if I didn't mess up every weekend than I would be down in weight allot more then I am now, but because I work so hard during the week and then I gain back all I worked for on the weekends so then I play catch up during the 1st half of the week.  I have to stop that and work on it better.  I am going to try this weekend.



My goal by this time or the end of next week is to be in the 250''s which I haven't been since right before my father passed away.  By Christmas I should be close to 200's which I haven't been since I got married in October 2005.  I will be wearing a bathing suit proudly next Summer and not worrying about my weight or how I look in clothing because I will fit well in anything I put on by Summer 2016.

Another feel good thing I'm going to do for myself this weekend is get my haircut.  I have an appointment on Saturday at 11 am and I am trying to decide on what I want.  Short, medium with bangs without bangs, with layers without layers and for the first time in my life maybe highlights in my hair to bring out my red hair since the sun has turned it very, very strawberry blonde this Summer.  I will let you know what I decided to go with and I will take a picture (if I'm happy with the results).

Well until next time stay healthy and keep cool (Yes Ohio has finally gotten their Summer weather, just a tad bit late.)


Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment