Monday, July 6, 2015

July 4th = bad habits

I can say I am sort of happy that July 4th has come and gone and not because I didn't enjoy it, because I sure did.  It is because I fell off of the weight loss wagon.  I went to my weigh in today and truly wasn't expecting good results and I was right.  Because I chose to drink beer and White Wine Peach Sangria, OMG I'm going to talk about this drink for a second.  I actually got a recipe in my Weight watchers book on Thursday and it looked so refreshing that I had to try it.  It was similar to the recipe above but I used White Wine, Peach tea, peach schnapps, fresh peach, Granny Smith apple, fresh lemon and when it was ready to serve I topped it off with diet 7UP.

Here was mine
 It was really good, but I have to figure out what was making it really sweet, because the sweetness factor was really high.  My eating habits for the weekend could have used some work too.   I made some red, white and blue strawberries.  I took a strawberry and dipped it in white chocolate (next time I'm going to use yogurt for a healthier version) and sprinkled it with blue sprinkles. They were a hit and all gone.


I am upset with no one but myself.  I worked hard to lose the 10 lbs in two weeks only to blow it this past weekend.  I gained 3 lbs at my weigh in today all because I made horrible choices and the sad thing is I even brought spinach and lettuce with me and banana's and such.  I let temptation fail me and gave in to the cheese, my mother's dip and a half of a hot dog.  Then on Sunday I had a breakfast sandwich 6" from Subway on our two hour drive home.  and I'm pretty sure I had some other stuff in between that and dinner which was three cheddar bratwurst.  So I'm sure you can see why I gained 3 lbs this weekend and I'm thinking one or two of those are water too.

Rest assured I am back on track today.  I bought a new bike yesterday because my trio are now at the age where they ride fast and just walking behind them isn't working anymore, so now I can ride along with them.  I wanted to ride tonight but they have a T-Ball game at 6:30 and so I am going to "TRY" to get my lazy butt on the treadmill tonight after they go to sleep.  My running/walking should be much easier because today I am 20 days smoke free.  I haven't tried running since I quit, but deep down inside I have actually been looking forward to doing it since I have. I just severely lack the motivation.  I set my alarm for 4 am this morning and other mornings thinking I'd get up and run, but my sleep and wanting to stay in bed and sleep for another hour and a half has out ruled that.  I know that once I get into the hang of it, it will then become habit and I'll look forward to it (because I've been there done that) and will have that guilt feeling on the days I end up missing.  I truly am looking forward to those days.  Another thing I'm worried about is my right knee has been tightening up and sore the past couple days and I just got them back to normal almost a year now.  I have to try and look past that and work through it and not let it interrupt my need to get well and in shape.  I wan to also start doing my ab video workout because as I'm losing this weight the skin will not tighten if I don't help it, it is only getting lose and will soon be hanging (only bad thing about having twins plus one).

Well I blabbed long enough.  I really hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend and stayed safe.  We spent the weekend out at my Aunt & Uncles 59 acre land and it was GREAT.  Never have I been somewhere that was so peaceful and just a great experience to wake up to in the morning.  I personally don't think I could live that isolated, but I can do 2-5 acres and be happy.  I'm a City girl and will always be a City girl and have the luxury of having a store 10 mins away.  I can find that amount of acre's and still be close to City.  I still love that feeling I had this weekend though.  They are truly lucky.

Until next time.. Be safe and well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment