Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hello, I am proud to say that everything that I posted about in the last post (from the past weekend) got accomplished.  We did go to the drive in on Saturday night to see The Minions and before that we had dinner at Aces and it was a very nice family night out.  Something we have to do more often and we currently do not do enough of.  We ended up getting to the drive in an hour and a half early and it is a good thing we did because we got in the 2nd row and the line was soon wrapping up onto the street and the movie started at 9:40 which there were still cars coming in after 10 pm.  We took my DH's truck there and we brought blanket and pillows for the kids, not for ourselves and I have to tell you it was very uncomfortable, my butt and back was killing me the whole time.  I also finished painting the front porch and painted the whole deck myself that day, so that probably added to it.  So because DH and I were very uncomfortable we opted out of staying for the second movie (Inside Out) which was OK because it was already after midnight and the kids were sound asleep before we got on the main road.  Next time we decided we are going to bring an air mattress and blow it up and put it in the bed of the truck.

Sunday I ended up not going to the Indians game with the family because I had way to much I had to get done before my 6 pm softball game.  After they left I went to my new gym Planet Fitness and got my T-shirt and swipe key and walked around to get an idea of the set up.  Then I went to my former gym Fitness 19 and signed the papers to cancel my membership with them.  Then I went home and cleaned the house (1st floor only) and did 8 loads of laundry including the sheets, blankets and all the bath towels.  So, the Indians game started at 1:05 pm and it was very lightly sprinkling all day off and on, well I got a call from DH about 12:45 to come pick up my 3 year old because he wouldn't stop screaming and crying.  Here's the thing about that, he got catch in a start of a thunder/lightening storm at T-Ball practice one day (I was not there I was with Addisyn at her dance rehearsal) and he hid under a tree crying and frightened and then they called practice.  Then a few days later both boys went with DH one day to help him cut some grass and we got the worst storm we've had all season (4 huge trees on our street we're blown over) and he came home shaking and crying from fear.  Well ever since all that he will not leave the house when he sees it raining or if it's about to rain.  I mean we have a all out battle trying to get him out and then we won't stop crying.  I have tried everything that I can think of to get him over this fear, but nothing is working.  It is truly effecting the poor kid.  I will keep working on it and if it continues bring it up to his doctor at his 4 year check up in September.

Oh and even though it was sprinkling off and on we still played my softball game on Sunday and we won 13-3 in 40 minutes (that is a fast game for co-ed).  They were desperate to get the game in because we have had so many rain outs already.

Alright enough about that now on to my fitness/weight loss part of it.  I weighed in at PWLC on Monday before lunch and I think I gained a lbs or two, but that wasn't surprising because it is a week before my period is due.  I just added more water to my daily routine intake (which is over 256 Oz's) and I have stuck to my eating schedule.  The scale at home was nice to me this morning and I was back down the pound.  I also started at my new gym last night, which I got there about 8:30 and did 30 minutes on the treadmill which consisted of intervals of 2 minute walking, 2 minute running.  Then I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and that was very bothersome to my knee, so tonight I'm going to stick to just the treadmill for 45-60 minutes.  I then did a leg and ab workout.  I got home at 10:30 and showered and was in bed before 11 pm.  I have to say it felt great being back in the gym atmosphere.  I felt wonderful afterwards.  I was a little pissed at DH because he was already giving me a hard time about going (which the kids were already sound asleep before I even left) so it's not like he had much to do except take care of himself and go to sleep.  Ugh, he pisses me off sometimes.  All I want is to be able to do something for myself.  It's been a very, very long time since I have been able to do something that I want to do.  I'm always putting my family and others ahead of my happiness.  Anyways, I'm excited to go back tonight and I've come to realize it may be later then normal on some days because I have to wait for DH to get home from his grass cuttings (he runs his own side job of lawn care) but I just hope he tries really hard to get home by 8;30 so it's not to late for me or I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the wagon.

Anyways, there is a huge thunderstorm that is hitting us right now so I better go and make sure everyone is good.  Until next time............ Stay hydrated.....

No comments:

Post a Comment