Monday, January 5, 2015

This Time for Success

Today is Monday, January 5, 2015 the start of the "depression" time!  When all the holidays are done and now there is nothing exciting to look forward to but Easter.  I tend to think February & March are even worse in being  the most depression months because by this time we are sick of the cold and ready for what comes next....... SUMMER! 

Today I started eating much more healthy.  I am going back to my Smoothies for breakfast, like I did when I first started this blog a few years ago and then I was losing at least 1.5-2lbs a week.  I am going to walk/job on the treadmill 5x a week for about a month and see what my stats are and then move to the gym again 5x a week.  I figured I want to get a base started and start losing some weight again and then I will start strengthening along with running.  We will see how my busy life leads me.   I have given up beer until my 40th birthday (or the day before since it's on a Sunday) which is on January 25th.  I know I've been enjoying my beers just alittle to much lately and that is one of the biggest contributors to my weight gain right now.  I was sometimes drinking beer every night & NO not to get drunk, but have a couple.  I enjoyed my last beer for a couple weeks on Saturday.  I am hoping this will be easier for me because there is really nothing planned this month (such as parties or gatherings) so I will have no temptations.  I'm hoping I can do this.  Next step up is to stop smoking within this week. 

Alright, as before I'm going to break down my meals for today up till lunch time (because I'm working later so I'm not sure what the hubby will be making for dinner). 


Breakfast: Smoothie = 443 calories

1 carrot = 29 cal
1 celery stalk = 14 cal
6 slices of cucumbers = 4 cal
2 c Almond milk = 120 cal
1/4 c granola = 104 cal
1 tsp Fage Greek Yogurt (Plain) = 17 cal
1 banana = 108 cal
4 strawberries = 17 cal
1.5 c spinach = 30 cal

Morning Snack: Quaker Cereal Bar (mixed Berry) = 130 Cal

Lunch: Salad in a Jar = 417 calories

1.5 c romaine lettuce = 8 cal
1 c spinach = 20 cal
1 oz feta cheese = 82 cal
1 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese (Kraft) = 101 cal
10 Cucumber slices = 7 cal
2 oz Ranch (Hidden Valley) = 199 cal

Dinner: Home made Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza = 217 Cal
3 Pieces = 651 calories.. 

Never leave it to a man to cook. 


I will update tomorrow with my dinner (once I figure out what DH is making). 

Tonight I will be getting on the treadmill as soon as the kids are asleep and since it's my first time back to running in awhile, I am going to alternate between walking & running.  I will update my stats tomorrow. 

Oh and the scale this morning told me I was down 1 lb to 273.1.
Until next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment