Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Testing Yet Another Diet Plan

I cannot think of a good title for this post yet but hopefully by the time I'm finished something will come to me. 

Well I am happy to say my scale read 272.4 that is 4.2 lbs down from my WW (Weight Watchers) meeting last Thursday.  Here is what I have done different since then. 

On Wednesday I dragged my DH to a weightloss meeting thru Parma Hospital's Bariatric Surgery and Nutrition Center.  I went for their weightloss program not the surgery part.  They discussed how they have 3 options in their program.  The first one is VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet, LCD (Low calorie diet) and their meeting assistance program.  You are monitored by a doctor during your whole plan.  Ok, now for a break down of what each diet consists of. 

VLCD = 3-5 high protein shakes a day and that is all.  You can loose anywhere from 5-7 lbs a week.

LCD = 2-3 High protein shakes and a lean meal (such as 4 oz of any meats & all the raw veggies you want).  You can loose from 3-5 lbs a week.

Meeting Assistance = Attending a meeting once a week & just watching your own diet (kinda like WW that I'm currently on).

Well as I've mentioned before my DH is having the gastric Bypass surgery on 3/31 and since my weightloss meeting was at his doctors office building he decided to get weighed in & he was up 4 lbs from the last weigh in.  Well he has to lose 19 lbs by 3/31 to make sure that insurance will still cover this.  So he decided to do the LCD and to support him and to get myself moving in the right direction on the scale I decided to go alone with it.  I started on Saturday and it was hard at times & I ate a healthy meal for dinner, but what they have on the list.  Then I went out drinking (alittle to much) on Saturday night with neighbors.  I have followed the diet perfectly since then and I feel GREAT!  DH is down about 9 lbs since Wednesday last week & me 4.2.  I am not in a race with him because I do understand that men will loose weight faster then females plus with his surgery coming he's taking the easier & faster way out.  I'm doing it the "hard but right" way.  

Since the Cleveland weather has FINALLY decided to break from our months of below freezing temps.  We have been taking the kids & dogs for a walk and OMG is it GREAT to be able to get out of the house and get fresh air and some exercise in.  This is definitely what the kids and we needed after these long winter months.  It has seriously been in the single to negative digits here and at that time you cannot bring the kids outside in it for long period of times.  But, I'm keeping my head up because Spring is 10 days away & the Sun is shining & it's in the 40's. 

OH and just a little FYI.... I've been eating lots of salads and my biggest challenge was trying to give up on my Ranch dressing or any dressing at that.  I have tried zillion times to forgo it and eat a plain salad but it just didn't cut it, until one time a couple years ago in my WW meeting someone mentioned hot sauce & something else I just cannot recall.  But hot sauce is -0- points in WW so I decided to use some hot sauce as dressing and I love it.  I have no forgone the dressing and just reach for the hot sauce.  Oh & I use to be (and still am) not a fan of spicy or hot but since my last pregnancy when I craved it in the end I can now tolerate a tad bit of hot & use Franks Red Hot as my choice. Try it, you might love it.

Well until next time...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment