Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Monthy mean a New me (or try)!

OK, let me honestly say I have slacked and have slacked big time.  I went to my Weight Watchers meeting last Thursday and I took a weight pass, meaning I didn't want to record my weight.  The reason behind this is because I fell off the wagon bad!  I still weighed myself at the meeting and I gained weight.  I was up to a whopping 278.6 lbs.  I think that woke my butt up.  I enjoyed my last beer for a while on Saturday, February 28.   As of March 1st I took advantage of the new month and decided a new me as well.  Summer if coming soon and I'm not even comfortable with having to wear tank tops and shorts.  I have enjoyed my beer alittle to much lately and I believe that is the big contributor to my weight gain and not loss.  So if I want to enjoy a drink or to it will be with soda water and liquor or wine and yes I know those are not that much healthier but it's less calories than beer and for a person like me that doesn't care to much for liquor that means that I will not over drink then.  Yes, I am going to try to drink absolutely nothing, but I know there will be nights when out with friends that I want something, just not as frequent as before.  Meals have been bad choices lately too.  We have been ordering out more then I like because DH and I have been to lazy to cook. 

So what I have done to change all this is: I spent Sunday this past weekend planning a shopping list off of lunch and dinners I was going to make for the week and I made sure they are healthy choices.  The reason I decided to do this is because DH gets home before me from work and is the one that does the cooking mostly and sometimes his choices are not as good as they can be and he'll get lazy and order pizza or Chinese or make something from a box.  So, after shopping Sunday I spent hours prepping for a weeks worth of dinners and froze them.  I started late and so it was late by the time I finished the dinners and was to tired to do a weeks worth of lunches but I did get Monday's lunches ready for us and the kids and I made lunches last night for today.  Below is a list of dinners I've made for the weeks and the links to the recipe.

Spinach Lasagna Roll-ups - had this last night and so delicious.

Meatballs with Veggies - I'm going to make Meatball subs, but I am going to use lettuce for mine

Cheesy Chicken and Black bean Enchiladas

A better Mac & Cheese (with sneaky sweet potato) - Made to much of this so we had half on Sunday night and OMG every loved it and I didn't tell my DH it as made with yogurt & Sweet Potato until he finished it. 

Roasted Lemon-Garlic chicken with Veggies - I used Lime not lemon - Tonight's dinner

So far the ones we have eaten have been a huge hit.  I'm very curious on tonight's dinner.  I'll let you know how it turns out. 

Below are my lunches for the week. 

84 Quick & Healthy Meals.  - Under Lunches I'm making #2 Very Veggie Fried Rice  and #5 Chipolte Turkey Pinwheels had this yesterday w/ veggies and very delicious.

Turkey, Cucumber, Hummus Lettuce Wrap - Today Lunch w/ a side of veggies.

Chicken & Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry - Thursday's lunch

Mason Jar Zucchini Noodle Salad - Perfect for Lent so I'll be having this Friday.

So there it is, all planned and prepped for the week and frozen except for the lunches I am making those the night before.  I also have switched the kids school lunches up too & have given them something different then the same ole PB&J sandwiches.  I have made them something healthier and hopefully fills them up more.  They have well let me say my 3 year old son has been grazing bad when he gets home from school, so when dinner time comes he won't eat and compared to the twins he is a very, very picky eater lately (hoping it's a 3 year old stage).  I still make him eat what we eat and refuse to make him something different (just like how I was raised).  It doesn't help that my DH's Aunt who picks the kids up from school and watches them until he gets home lets the kids eat everything and anything in the couple hours that she is there.  UGH, it frustrates me to no end.  My DH will not say anything or force it.  I am terrified that they will get fat and unhealthy since their genes are already against them and I sure don't want them to have to struggle their whole life with there weight because they made bad decisions early in life or that their parents didn't teach them any better. 

Well that is it for now.  I will up date you on how my weight in goes this Thursday at Weight Watchers. 

Until next time..................

Jennie

No comments:

Post a Comment