Monday, April 29, 2013

A new beginning!

Ok, so I have decided to start training myself for a half marathon. Giving myself something to strive for & a goal to reach besides just losing these last 50lbs. I got a 10 week training schedule & started my training today. I was suppose to run/walk 15/20 mins today but I thought it was 20/30 mins so I did 30 mins at 5.0 then I walked for 30 mins at 4.0 with an incline of 2.0. It felt so good. Tomorrow I'm suppose to do the same but I'm trying to decide if I should just do the 15/20 mins or stay with my 30 mins since I did ok with that today, but will it mess up my training???
By the end of my first week I'm suppose to be up to 30 mins so do I just do the whole week at 30 then go back to the training on my 2nd week?!?! I really don't think it will hurt anything to continue on 30 mins. I'm kinda excited about this & hoping that maybe mixing up my work out routine & trying something new will get my weight loss moving again. I also did my Denise Austin video for bun/legs & thighs which is only about 20 mins long. Please oh please give me the strength to complete this goal. I am someone that hates to quit & really likes to see myself succeed. Oh, I also do not have any half marathons picked out to run, right now I'm just doing this for a personal goal, but there are two coming up in October so if I think I can do it & I stick to my training then I might enter one of them or maybe both, who knows.....

So today for breakfast I tried a new smoothie (Peanut Butter & banana) which is 303 calories. Although it didn't really fill me up like the Green Monster Smoothie did it was ok. It didn't really have much of a taste, so I'll have to research more smoothie's. Then I had a Fiber Plus bar before I ran. For lunch I had 6 celery sticks with cream cheese. Dinner was left over Chicken Salsa Fiesta which is so delic's... & it's healthy if you make it the right way at 190 cal a serving.

I told my husband that when our pantry gets emptied & we go shopping again we are going to try to limit allot of processed foods from our diets for my sake & my kids. I know it'll be hard because processed foods are so easy to prepare but I'm actually looking forward to eating fresh. I know there will be some processed foods but I'm going to get the healthiest ones that I can.

Well until next time.........................

No comments:

Post a Comment