Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Introduction

Hello, I will start off by giving you a brief summary of what's up with me and how I got to where I am today.  Hope you enjoy the read...

First I wanted to start a blog on my weight loss journey for myself & if I'm successful maybe for inspiration to others.  I need to keep track of things I will be trying so I know what works & what doesn't work.  Plus so I have something to fall back on when needed. 

Well basically I've always been the "bigger" girl.  I look back in my school years & I was not a skinny girl but I wasn't obese either.  I was basically solid, but back then I thought I was "fat". You know how it is/was.  I played almost every sport that you can think of as a girl so that helped me not get really big.  It all really started in my college year.  I put on the so called freshman 15 several times over that year.  I blew up to about 210 lbs or so (not really sure).  Well I saw a picture of myself a couple years later & that literally changed my whole attitude on my health.  I started working out 5x's a week w/ running about a mile a day & then the about an hour at the gym & ate healthy.  I got down to 175lbs & for being 5'11" that was perfect for me.  My friends & family actually thought I looked sick, but I was healthy.  I actually had great abs.
This was Halloween maybe 2000/01


So I got married in October 2005 & I was still at a good weight.  Around 2007-2008 I started packing on the pounds then I went on fertility meds/injections & the weight really came on.  In April/May I started Weight Watchers & stopped smoking and in June 2009 I got pregnant with twins & I really don't even know how much weight I gained, but right before I had them I think I was about 305 (holy crap).  I cannot find any photo's of my right before I had the twins, but this was a month before....

So after having the twins I didn't loose much I probably only went down to about 280ish.  Then I ended up pregnant w/ Jake in January 2011 at the point I joined weight watchers & started losing weight & stopped smoking.  So with this pregnancy I retained ALOT of water.  My belly was actually measuring bigger then I was with the twins.  Oh Boy....So I gained alot of water weight with him.  At the end I was about 312.  Then after I had him I actually went straight to 291 right away.  So I have been struggling to lose weight ever since 9/26/11.   I cannot find any pictures of me before I had Jake (I avoid cameras).  Here a just a few to show how over weight I am.

This was Jakes Baptism alittle over a month old. I'm the one in stripes

This is my family this summer
 This was in Colorado 9/12



So basically I have to start losing this weight & NOW.  I now have a treadmill in my house so I don't have an excuse to not run anymore & I've started making sure I eat healthier.  I am having an extremely hard time getting past this 270 mark.  I have been so close for a few months now & it's so frustrating.  I'm currently at 275.  I keep swinging from 273-275.  I am due for my period this weekend & I always gain a few pounds right before.  So we'll see were I'm at come Monday since I'm due for it on Saturday. 

My goal is to keep a daily blog of my meals & exercise.  Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment